The Colne Community School and College are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant from September 2019.
Hours: 30 hours per week
Pay: LGS Band 2 to midpoint (actual starting salary: £12,444 p.a.)
Working Weeks: 39 weeks (38 weeks plus 5 inset days)
Our Learning Support Department is integral to the ongoing success of the school and our Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) are a vital part of the team. The role will involve:
- Working with individuals or small groups of children in collaboration with teaching staff;
- Proactively supporting students with activities designed to enhance numeracy and literacy;
- Supporting students on EHCP
- Promoting positive behaviour, raising esteem and encouraging an aspirational culture;
- Working with students to foster their development as independent learners.
We’re looking for you if you have:
- A good standard of education (ideally Maths/English GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent);
- A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative;
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
- A competitive Salary;
- Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
- A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
- Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
This role will be reviewed annually.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
CLOSING DATE: 18th July 2019 (midnight)
SHORTLISTING: 19th July 2019