The school believes very strongly in a policy of full school uniform for all students in Years 7 to 11 and in maintaining the very highest standards of dress and appearance appropriate to the workplace. School uniform helps to create a positive, corporate, community identity for the students of the school, fostering a sense of belonging and responsibility. Wearing the uniform correctly enables all students to present themselves as business-like, professional and ready to work as well as providing all students the opportunity to be appropriately and equitably dressed. Students should wear their uniform with pride.
Items to be purchased from the online shop at www.yourschoolwear.co.uk:
- Colne Burgundy School Blazer with Pocket Badge.
- Colne Clip on School Tie in Year Group Colour.
- Colne School Skirt may be worn as an alternative to trousers.
The following items can be purchased elsewhere:
- Plain white traditional shirt with collar, long or short sleeve.
- Plain black, traditional trousers.
- Plain black shoes, with laces or secure fastening. Converse/Vans style shoes, Trainers and boots are not appropriate.
- A plain black V neck jumper can be worn under the Blazer.
- A pair of grip socks/slipper socks for Drama.
Other items and equipment
- Socks: Plain in white, grey or black ankle socks. Knee length (not over knee) socks should only be black.
- Tights: black or natural.
- Outdoor coats as necessary should be of a plain style. Denim Jackets/Hooded Tops and Sweatshirts are not permissible.
- A suitable appropriate bag should be used to carry books and equipment.
- Mark all items clearly with the student’s name.
All students will be expected to wear full school uniform correctly from the beginning of term and at all times when involved in school business. Students are not permitted to adapt their uniform with the addition of non-uniform items or omission of regulation items during school time. Students will be advised regularly, and at least annually, of what items are and are not permitted. Parents and students are urged to note and follow the spirit as well as the letter of the school uniform regulations. The lists of regulations and regulation items will be reviewed regularly and updated as necessary. Parents will be informed of changes to the list and allowed appropriate time to accommodate changes to the regulations.
Students will not be allowed to attend classes unless uniform standards are met.
Parents are requested to provide written notification of any reason why a student is temporarily unable to comply with the uniform regulations. Students should present this written notification to their Year Leader who will, if appropriate, endorse the reason given and supply the student with a Uniform Card to excuse the issue until rectified.
- Jewellery is limited to one ring worn on the finger of one hand, and one ear stud per ear. Jewellery must be discreet. Facial piercings are not permitted.
- Make-up and nail varnish is not allowed in Years 7-9. In Year 10-11 make-up should be limited and subtle.
- Extremes of fashion or hairstyle are not acceptable. Hair should be natural in colour.
- School Skirts are not to be rolled up and shortened, or require a belt of any kind.
- Items of clothing must not bear slogans.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION KIT
When doing P.E. students will need to wear the correct P.E. kit as outlined below:
Items can be purchased from the online shop at www.yourschoolwear.co.uk:
|Outdoor kit||Indoor kit|
|Maroon rugby shirt with reversible colour, or Maroon Colne sweatshirt||Maroon Colne polo shirt|
|Maroon Colne polo shirt||Black shorts/ black jogging or tracksuit bottoms/ black Colne leggings|
|Black shorts/ black jogging or tracksuit bottoms/ black Colne leggings||Black sports socks|
|Black sports socks||Trainers|
|Suitable outdoor footwear|
Key Stage 4 Dance Kit
Students that select dance as an option will need to wear the following kit for all practical lessons:
- Black Colne leggings or plain black jogging bottoms
- Black Colne dance t-shirt
Dance lessons will be completed in bare feet, no dance shoes will be required.
Uniform standards for PE/Dance
- Converse/Vans/Plimsoll style shoes are not permitted.
- If students choose to wear leggings, only Colne black leggings are permitted.
- Protective equipment such as shin pads and gum shields are recommended for some activities e.g. Hockey, Rugby and Football.
- Jewellery must not be worn for ANY activity. Students that cannot remove earrings (within the first 6 weeks of piercing only) must provide their own tape to cover them.
Please note the following:
Students must bring the full, correct PE kit to every PE lesson and be prepared to participate in the lesson to the best of their ability.
A PE kit must be worn by students even if they are unfit or unwell to participate in the full practical activities.
In cases of injury/illness, students will be expected to assist in the lesson with alternative activities such as officiating, supporting other participants and helping set up lessons with equipment, etc. Only in the worst cases of illness/injury will students not be expected to change into kit. Maximum participation is expected at all times and if the weather is too inclement then indoor activities will be organised. A note from parents/carers is to be produced outlining illness/injury and from this information suitable activities will be planned by the individual subject specialist.
All valuables must be handed in to PE staff at the start of each lesson.
Members of staff are not responsible for the loss, damage or theft of valuables left in the changing rooms, including such items as mobile phones which are banned under the school’s policy.