The annual Colne Community School Sports Awards Evening 2018 was attended by over 500 parents, special guests, staff and students to celebrate and recognise the achievements and successes of students at the Colne in an array of sports and leadership events across the year.
The special guest and inspirational speaker for the event was Olympic gold medal winner and three times Olympic sailor Saskia Clark.
Over 200 students collected awards for their achievements and commitment to clubs in PE and Dance.� Several students also collected Sports Colours, having attended over 60 extra-curricular clubs over the past year.
In addition, a range of Special Awards are presented, culminating in the Sports Person of the Year being revealed for each year group.
The Special Award winners were:
- Most Improved Male � Freddie Horrocks
- Most Improved Female � Casey Gethen
- Team of the Year (Male) � Year 10 Football Team
- Team of the Year (Female) � Year 9 Netball Team
- Contribution to Dance � Lucy Copeland
- Lower School Dance Award � Katie Nicholson
- Upper School Dance Award � Ataya Mansfield
- Fair Play Award � Year 7 Netball Team
- Year 12 Sporting Contribution � Anya Hudson
- Year 13 Sporting Contribution � Holly Grant
- Reg White Shield for Contribution to Club Sport – Elliot & Ed Appleby
- Sarah Lant Memorial Award � Cameron Jessup
- PE Faculty Special Award � Sophie Freeman
- Year 7 Sports Person of the Year (Male) � Reggie & Riley Moore
- Year 7 Sports Person of the Year (Female) � Demelza Berry
- Year 8 Sports Person of the Year (Male) � Josh Borstell
- Year 8 Sports Person of the Year (Female) � Martha Cole
- Year 9 Sports Person of the Year (Male) � George Savage
- Year 9 Sports Person of the Year (Female) � Katie Newland
- Year 10 Sports Person of the Year (Male) � Robert Weller
- Year 10 Sports Person of the Year (Female) � Ella Rice-Johns
Thank-you for all of the responses we’ve received!
“Ed and Elliot were delighted to attend The Colne’s Sports Awards Evening and are honoured to receive the Reg White Memorial award:� It was a great event to celebrate the many sporting successes of The Colne. Ed and Elliot’s Ice Professionals are interested to see photos from the event.”
“Many thanks to you and the rest of the PE staff for the awards evening yesterday. It was great to see all the children rewarded for their participation in sports clubs and also to see the strength of PE/dance at the Colne.”
�Brilliant that sporting achievements get the recognition they deserve.�
�A great night.� Fab to celebrate the achievements.� Big thanks to the staff who give up their time to put on sporting activities for the students.�
�A brilliant awards night tonight.� Students achievements were immense and staff who sincerely care.� Well done all.�
�A fantastic night for students, staff and parents/carers.�
�Many thanks to you all also for providing so many great opportunities.�